Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana (PMYY), launched by the Ministry of Skill Development and
Entrepreneurship is a new scheme to scale up an ecosystem of entrepreneurship for youngsters. Under
the scheme, the central government will arrange entrepreneurship education and training programs for
youngsters for next 5 years.
The scheme will run for five years from 2016-17 to 2020-21 with a project cost of about 499.94 Crore.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana, more than 7 Lakh youngsters will be provided
entrepreneurship education and training through 3,050 institutes across India.
· The scheme will run for a period of five years from 2016-17 to 2020-2021.
· The project implementation cost would be Rs. 499.94 Crore.
· The scheme will offer education and training about entrepreneurship to over 7 lakh students in 5
· Training will be provided through 3050 Institutes across India.
· The scheme will also offer easy access to information and mentor network, credit and advocacy to
build a way-out for the youngsters.
· Institutes under Pradhan Mantri Yuva Yojana will include 2200 Institutes of Higher Learning
(colleges, universities, and premier institutes), 300 schools, 500 ITIs and 50 Entrepreneurship
· The training programs will be carried out by the institutes through Massive Open Online Courses